our service agreement
• All the answers to questions on our FAQ page also apply to this Service Agreement and the Terms and Conditions.
• A guide will meet each guest at the assigned meeting point, supplied with maps of the city.
• Transportation to the tour meeting point and entrance fees to the sites are not always included in the tour price and must be paid in cash to the guide, or by credit card if arranged in advance with a transfer service provider. Please read each tour description and confirmation carefully to understand the transportation, meeting points and entry fees involved.
• Please arrive early, departure times are exact. City traffic can be unpredictable so please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point. We cannot keep a group, or guide waiting if you are delayed.
• Average group sizes vary depending on the season, we always have extra staff during peak season to guarantee small groups sizes.
• Small group tours are open to a maximum number of adults per group. The exact size of the group tour is provided on the tour description page.
• Privately guided tours are for individual parties only. By booking a privately guided tour guests are guaranteed a guide for their party alone, we guarantee no ‘tour pooling’.
cancellation and refund policy
• If an itinerary is canceled for any reason by either party, Lisbon Explorer Private Tours (Seller) and the Guest (Buyer) cannot be held liable for losses related to transportation, accommodation, payment processing, food, or travel expenses sustained by guests, their agents, representatives, or associates.
• Cancellations and complete refunds of any tour can be made free of charge if they occur more than 24-hours prior to scheduled tour time.
• We do not charge a refund fee, but banks and payment processors may have a small fee for processing refunds.
• Any third party fees applied to the Buyers payment by banks, credt card companies, or our credit card processor are not refundable. These fees include, but are not limited to processing fees, foreign exchange rate fees, e-check fees, charge back fees, and refund processing fees.
• Cancellations made less than 24-hours before the tour time are subject to a charge that is equal to the deposit amount submitted to secure the reservation.
• No-shows or cancellations made less than 24-hours before the scheduled tour time are non-refundable.
• We also know that traveling can be an unpredictable adventure so we will NOT hold Buyers responsible for last minute cancellations due to transport delays, strikes, extreme weather conditions, or events beyond their control. In these circumstances, we ask for the courtesy of an immediate phone call, or voice mail to advise us of changes.
delays and changes to reservations
• For last minute cancellations, changes in schedule, or if guests have lost the meeting point directions, please contact us by TELEPHONE at the earliest convenience using the special phone number provided on the confirmation voucher which reads “Lost right before your tour starts”. During busy seasons season we receive a high volume of phone calls and e-mails daily, urgent communications might be missed given the bulk of incoming e-mails. Please call and leave a voice mail message if we do not answer. We may not be able to reply right away and reaching the pre-arranged tour meeting point on time is the responsibility of each guest. We do not issue refunds for “No-shows”.
• Because our scholar-guides often have morning, or afternoon appointments, it is often difficult for them to extend their time on a private half-day tour, or to complete a full-day tour when guests are delayed. In these situations we are not able to offer refunds for unused tour time, and we highly suggest reserving private tours for the day after arriving in Portugal.
guest contact phone numbers and email communications
• Guests must provide Seller with an effective way of being contacted while the guest travels. A local phone number in preferred. Guests who travel without a mobile phone, or a local contact phone number are required to CALL Lisbon Explorer Private Tours at their local phone number on the day before the confirmed tour, to verify that their tour will depart as scheduled on the confirmation.
• Occasionally, unplanned changes to a tour schedule must be made (for example in the event of a strike, extreme weather, traffic conditions, or other factors which cause the sights to be closed or unaccessible). In this case it will be Lisbon Explorer's concern and responsibility to advise guests of the change as soon as possible and make new arrangements, or to cancel the tour and issue a refund.
• If guests do not provide Seller with a means to contact them within a short time before the tour, Seller cannot be held responsible for not advising guests of last minute changes.
• Please make sure shoulders and knees can be covered when visiting churches and holy sights. Dress codes can be strictly enforced by security at some locations.Seller cannot be held responsible for guests who are denied access to locations due to improper dress
tour payment and entry fees
• Deposit payments for tours are accepted with Master Card, Visa Card, or via PayPal.
• Guests pay a deposit in advance with a credit card, or PayPal to secure their reservations, and the balance due is paid in cash, or credit card, using the local currency, to the guide at the tour meeting time.
• For cash payments, guests must bring the correct amount of cash due for the tour in the local currency, as not all guides are unable to accept credit cards on-location, and guides are often not able to make change for large bills.
• Refunds requested at the END of a tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Payment for entry ticket fees are accepted at tour time in cash in the local currency only. Some sights may require entrance fees for children. Please read each tour description page carefully, or contact the Seller about specific sites, entrance fees and available payment methods if this is a concern.
• Guests who purchase their own entry tickets, or discount cards must notify the Seller before the Buyer secures their reservation with a deposit payment. The Seller will often pre-purchase tickets and the Buyer is responsible for reimbursement to the Seller for the expense of entry fees when applicable.
• Pre-purchased ticket entry fees are non-refundable. We will do our best to resell unused tickets to another reservation if possible, and then issue a refund at that time.
• By making a payment the Buyer agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the Service Agreement. A partial refund, or full-refund by the Seller does not render the Service Agreement policy invalid, and the Buyer may be held responsible for damages evaluated by the Seller for violating the Service Agreement. The Seller may change the Service Agreement from time to time, in its sole discretion, upon posting notice at www.lisbonexplorer.com/archive-service-agrement.html. The Buyer is subject to the Terms and Conditions effective at the time of deposit payment, or payment in-full. Any future payments by the Buyer for the Sellers Service shall constitute the Buyers consent to any changes to the Service Agreement effective at the time of that payment. If the Buyer does not agree to the updated, or different Service Agreement, the Buyer should provide a written notice to the Seller by email to such extent, and the Sellers services shall immediately terminate on the date the Seller receives such notice from the Buyer.
• This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law principles. In any dispute under this Agreement, each party hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Texas. No waiver by a party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any other breach of that or any other provision of this Agreement. The Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Seller, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents, against any claim, demand, cause of action, debt or liability, including reasonable attorney's fees.
• Use and distribution of personal information: When booking a tour or service, we will request specific guest details, such as name, e-mail address and other personal information. We require this information to ensure that we may contact guests should there be any unexpected change in schedule.
• The personal contact information of our guests will be used only and exclusively in relation to the service or tour they have reserved. Amira Network Travel will NOT distribute any of our guests information to third parties.
• With the exception of any processing for historical or statistical purposes, our guests personal data will not be retained in its nominal form for any longer than the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was requested.
• The contents of email message communications and any attachments between the Buyer and Seller are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure to any third party unless written consent is provided by the Buyer, or Seller in advance. The Buyer and Seller agree that any unauthorized use, dissemination, or copying of email messages or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
responsibility disclaimer statement for all tour related services:
Amira Network Travel doing business as Lisbon Explorer acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, guiding, activities, or other services connected with our tours. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Amira Network Travel and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Amira Network Travel is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours, or trips arranged by Amira Network Travel. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage, personal effects, or delayed flights and missed reservations. Amira Network Travel possesses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. In addition, they request their independent suppliers to posses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. By making a reservation with Amira Network Travel, each customer accepts the Service Agreement and the Terms & Conditions of our group and private tour services, and this Responsibility Disclaimer Statement For All Tour Related Services.
Approved and effective: May 25, 2015